Saturday, June 20, 2015

A 'Bright Idea' for Washi Tape!



I absolutely LOVE washi tape!  I love the bright colors and patterns, and I love that it's a pretty inexpensive way to brighten up everyday objects.  However, I never know when to use washi tape, because it's really not all that useful, except for decorating stuff.  Which stinks, because I have a lot of it, in several different colors and patterns.

I also love to make anchor charts!  However, I have one problem with making anchor charts that makes me crazy!  It happens most often when I am making a graphic organizer t-chart, like a box and t chart or a story elements chart.

MY LINES ARE CROOKED.

It makes me crazy, but I'm far too lazy to get out the yardstick and trace straight lines on my anchor charts.  But then I have anchor charts with crooked lines.

Then one day, I came up with the best idea.

Why not use washi tape to make my graphic organizer charts?

It's bright and colorful, and I have tons of it!  A little bit goes a long way too!

So I tried out my brilliant idea.  And this is what I found:



The chart looks really cute.  It is definitely brightened up by the washi tape.

My lines are pretty much straight.

And I finally found a use for that washi tape!

What do you think?  Is this something you would try?

What is your favorite way to use washi tape?


If you enjoyed this bright idea, please consider joining me on Facebook or Instagram for more great ideas.

For more bright ideas from other bloggers, please browse through the link-up below and choose a topic/grade level that interests you. Thanks for visiting! 

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I love washi tape and this just gives me another reason to buy some more! Great idea!
    Lynda Curls and a Smile

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover