It has been a LONG time since I've blogged, and an even longer time since I've done one of these! I am so glad I have been doing the #100happydays challenge, because I have lots of pictures to share! It makes writing a Five for Friday post so much easier!
1. As some of you may know, I recently became a Pampered Chef Consultant. I have been one for about 2 months now, and I LOVE it! I feel like I have learned so much about cooking, cooking tools, etc... in the past two months because of Pampered Chef. Plus, I earn FREE STUFF. I earned this garden bag and the pink Mini Mix N' Scraper and Pink Bar Board last month, and they FINALLY came! I am so excited, and I can't wait to show them off tomorrow at a party I'm having for my friend. I LOVE free stuff, so I was absolutely chomping at the bit waiting for these! Plus, I LOVE that bag. I wish I had a reason to use it at work, because I would totally tote that thing around my classroom!
(FYI, next month is our "Help Whip Cancer" fundraiser month, which is the reason we have the limited edition pink items. They will be for sale next month, and $1 from each purchase will go to the American Cancer Society. Plus, they are adorable!)
2. My cousin Alyson got married last weekend! Her wedding was a "baseball" theme, but it was so tastefully done. It was really cool. I loved how the place cards looked like tickets, and the cute straws and flags were adorable!
This is a goofy picture my sisters and I took. The one in the front is my 14 year old sister Lauryn, the one in the middle is my sister Kristen, and I'm the oldest so I got to stand in the back. I'm smiling because nobody is giving me a noogie! :-) (I'm also standing on my tippie toes because I'm short!)
3. While we were visiting "back home", as my parents call it, we took a short trip to Pittsburgh and went to PNC Park to see the Pittsburgh Pirates play the St. Louis Cardinals! I hadn't been to PNC Park. I went to Three Rivers Stadium to see them play when I was a kid, but it was exciting to go back!
The weather was great! I had to purchase and apply sunblock several times, but it was worth it to be outside on that beautiful day watching the Pirates win!
This is Lauryn and I at the game. My dad got mad at me because I didn't have pictures of anybody else. They were sitting at the other end! :-)
4. I am ridiculously excited because I made my first freezer meal! This is Mango Chipotle Chicken, and it's awesome! I made half of it and froze the other half.
My food was still steaming when I took this picture! I had to wave the steam away to get a picture!
It feels great to be organized! I can't wait to make more of these! I am actually hosting a freezer meal workshop at my house in a few weeks, and I am so excited!
5. I am also super excited because I got to meet Ivy Taul from Mrs. Taul's Classroom Ideas this week! She recently moved to Kentucky from Georgia, and since she's so close now, we met up! We met at Smokey Bones, ordered too much tasty food, and talked for a few hours. Ivy is so sweet and adorable! Plus, she's hysterical! I am so excited to have a new friend. Plus, she's the first person to have signed up for my freezer meal workshop- I love her enthusiasm! :-)
And a BONUS Five for Friday!
I went outside last night to grab the phone book (strange outdated tradition since I haven't opened one in YEARS!) and I saw a TULIP! It is finally starting to be SPRING! It isn't quite opened yet, and I took it at night so the picture is terrible, but I am thrilled! I found some other signs of spring in my yard too. It might actually be here!
If you want to follow me on Instagram, I am bloominginfirst. I post a lot of silly stuff, food, and pictures of my dog. :-)
If you would like to link up, click the Five for Friday picture at the top of this post!
P.S. I have some exciting news to share with you all, but I'm not quite ready to do so, so stay tuned! :-)
Here's to another great week!