Thursday, December 12, 2013

Getting to Know You: Christmas Questionaire!

I'm linking up with Michelle from Fabulous in First for her Christmas Questionnaire linky party!  

Hot Chocolate or Eggnog? 
Hot chocolate!  I love hot chocolate.  I've never had eggnog, but I think I'm ok with that.

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree? 
Growing up, Santa would just sit the presents underneath the tree.  He always arranged them, of course, so we could see what gifts we got.  Mom and Dad would go downstairs first and get the camera set up, and we would wait at the top of the steps.  Then we would go downstairs to see what Santa brought!  Mom and dad wrapped presents.  I am sure that when I have children, Santa will just lay the presents underneath the tree.  No use in wasting all that paper!
The picture to the left is the smaller Christmas tree (it's about 6 feet tall and lives in the kitchen) and decorations in my dining room.  The top picture is my "credenza" (what my mom calls it!) and my dining room table.  I went simple this year.
 
Colored lights or white? 
I love traditional white lights.  Both of my Christmas trees have white lights. 

When do you decorate? 
I like to celebrate one holiday at a time, so my Christmas tree goes up after Thanksgiving.  It usually takes me about a week to get my house completely decorated.

Real or Fake Tree? 
FAKE.  I am too cheap for a real tree (not spending $50 or more on a tree each year!), I don't have any way to haul it home, and I don't want to deal with dying trees and recycling it when the season is over.  I had a cheap-o $25 Christmas tree that I bought back when I lived in my first apartment and needed a tree.  It looked ridiculous with my 9ft ceilings, so last year, I bought a 7 1/2 foot tall tree from Target.  I almost bought a slim tree, but I changed my mind!  Maybe I should have bought the slim tree, because the only place my tree fits is in front of my front door!  (Good thing I never use it, right?!)
The picture is of the decorations in my living room.  The tree is my new tree.  The mantle is the top photo, the second photo is above the TV, and the third photo is of my bookshelf.

What Tops Your Tree?
A star on both trees.  I like the simplicity of a star.

Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
We used to go to my Grandparents house on Christmas day, a tradition that I always HATED.  We would get up, see our gifts from Santa, eat breakfast, open our gifts from mom and dad, then get ready to leave and take a 3 hour car ride.  One year, we went to visit my Grandparents before Christmas, and I remember being so worried that Santa wouldn't be able to find us.  My parents packed the back of the van with all our gifts from Santa, and we still got our gifts.  But the best part- Santa brought me a bike, and I got it when we got home!  :-)

Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? 
I loved this doll that I got one year.  I named her Amanda.  She had eyes that opened if it was cold, and closed if it was warm.  I thought her open/close magic eyes were sooooooo cool!  

Do prefer giving or receiving? 
I love both.  Not gonna lie, who doesn't love receiving gifts?  But I also love finding the perfect gift for someone, wrapping it up with pretty paper and a bow, and seeing the recipient's face when they open it!  

What is your favorite Christmas song? 
Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.  Yep.  I'm a Christmas music Grinch.

Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum? 
Yum!  I love them!  Classic peppermint or even the sweet flavored ones they have now, like Smarties!


Favorite Christmas Movie? 
Holly and Ivy!  Nobody is going to know what I am talking about, but back in 1992 or so, this Christmas cartoon played on one of the TV stations before Christmas.  My dad taped it onto a videotape, and I insist on watching it EVERY. SINGLE. YEAR.  Even though I watch it by myself.  I love it!  I can't even remember the real name of the cartoon right now.  But I love it, and I just call it Holly and Ivy!

I also love the classic Grinch Who Stole Christmas. :-) 

Do you shop online or at stores?
Mostly online.  I hate shopping.  Most of my Christmas shopping has been online this year.  Thank goodness for my Amazon Prime account!

Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card? 
I don't send out Christmas cards, because... why.  Nobody wants a picture of my dog.  I like getting cards, though, and I prefer photo cards!  If I send out cards, I don't send out many, and sometimes they are handmade. :-)

The unconventional Christmas decorations are in the other bedroom.  It has a simple mantle, so I decorate it every year with peacock colors and glittery stuff.  It looks great in that room though- traditional green and red wouldn't look right!

Now it is your turn!  Link up with Michelle at Fabulous in First to share your Christmas traditions!

What is your favorite Christmas tradition?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover