Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October Currently

Whoa!  I know I say this every month, but... where did (insert previous month) go?! :-)  OK, seriously, where did September go?

It's the beginning of the month, and you know what that means!  CURRENTLY!

Loving:  PUMPKIN!  I love pumpkin everything!  But I am craving some pumpkin ice cream!  The small town where my dad grew up throws a Pumpkin Festival the last weekend in September, and they have the BEST pumpkin ice cream.  There's always tons of food.  Best weekend ever.  I didn't get to go this year due to some other commitments and the fact that I would have had to take a day off work, and I am missing my pumpkin ice cream.  Sad times.

Thinking:  It's beautiful out!  BEAUTIFUL.  I went outside earlier when I was talking to my mom and sat on my porch swing.  That's my little happy place, especially on gorgeous nights like this.  I can take advantage of all the work I did out there this summer.

Wanting:  I want this cough to go away.  There isn't enough Mucinex in the world for me, especially since it makes me sick to my stomach.  Please wish this awful cough away, so I don't have to go to the doctor for an antibiotic!  Whenever I get a cough like this, it never wants to go away!

Needing:  We had an RTI faculty meeting, and OH the paperwork!  It's like an avalanche.  I understand us needing to track where our students are, and I understand needing to have data, but when am I going to be able to teach with all this testing and data collection?  Sometimes I have to remind myself "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job..." when they pile on more stuff like this.  It sucks all the creativity and fun out of it all.  For me and the kids! :-(

I have a treat for you!

If you follow me on Facebook, you may have already seen this.  I created this to use as a word work center with my own students, since this is our first week of centers.  I needed something relatively easy to use with them that they can do independently.  It would also be good to use with any students who struggle with blending sounds.


 

I am sorry it isn't fall themed, but I am sure I will work on something fall themed very soon!  I can't wait, actually! :-)  

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie. Perfect timing...working on this with my reading group this week. Yay!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this freebie! We are doing short and and short i this week!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover