After reading Doodle Bugs' (Bugs's?) post, now I want an instagram account. I've never had any desire to have an instagram account. Ugh. NOOOOOOO. I will not give in!
1. My week started out with picking up this guy. He's a dog I'm fostering through a rescue group until he finds a home. His name is Edison, and boy is he keeping me on my toes! He has separation anxiety (spending 3 weeks an a crate in an animal hospital would do that to you, I guess) so we're having issues with him wanting to go in his crate when I leave for work. (I'm supposed to work on crate training him through the rescue I'm fostering for, so that's why he's in a crate.) I've tried everything I can think of- giving him a special treat, leaving plenty of treats and bones in the crate with him, turning on the radio, but he just doesn't want to go in. He tries to bite me and the crate door. It's very frustrating! He's VERY sweet, though. We spent some time in the yard this afternoon playing fetch and tug of war, and it was fun. He wants so badly to do a good job for me. He wants to cuddle and be right near me. And he's very smart- so smart he found the bottle of dog aspirin the other night and ate a few, forcing me to induce vomiting to remove the aspirin from his stomach. OMG. But he's going to make someone a great dog.
2. Coming home from agility class the other night, I was rear-ended by some jerk in a teal truck. And the jerk drove off. And I was unable to get his license plate number. So I posted a note on my neighborhood's Facebook page, and it turns out that this guy has hit several other people in the neighborhood. Another person said he hit him and 10- yes, 10- other people. And drove off from each one of them. So if they can catch him, it's a hit and run- and that's a felony. So I'm bound and determined to make sure this jerk ends up in jail. Don't mess with a redhead! (I do have a name of the person who hit me. So I'm making it available to the police.)
3. I found out on Saturday that one of my friends from high school passed away. I was very sad to hear of his passing. He was the first in our class to pass away, and is honestly the first person I've known personally that was this young. He was 28. I had to call a friend of mine and let her know, and that was really difficult. Then another friend of mine called me, very upset. So last weekend wasn't really a great weekend for me. Luckily, 2 of my friends and I went out for a bit Saturday night, which helped distract me a bit. I didn't get to go to the visitation or the funeral, because it was up in Northern Kentucky (where I'm from) and I had to work since it was on a Monday. I also had a meeting for my practicum, so I would have had to turn right back around and come back.
4. I spent some time working in my yard again this weekend! I hate the process of working in my yard (particularly mowing the grass and edging!) but I love the results! (Except for the inevitable sunburn. That's no fun.) I did some weed pulling and mulching 2 weekends ago, and today I followed up by planting a few flowers and cleaning up my patio. It looks much nicer now! :-)
This is my pergola in the back yard. I love having a porch swing! I dug out around the pergola last year, but I laid down some landscape fabric and planted some tulips.
I planted this clematis today. Eventually I will finish the pergola and it will climb up it.
I also planted a few more dahlias. These are pretty cute, but nowhere near as pretty as the dahlias in the front of the house!
5. We spent our week having some Derby fun! And we had a BLAST. We made Derby hats, had a parade, drank "mint juleps" (minty-lemonade), and did some Derby Mad-Libs. Almost everything we did came from my Derby unit. I will write a full post on all our Derby fun as soon as I find my camera. I really got some great pictures, and now I can't find my camera! Uh oh! I don't think I left it at school, but I can't find it, so I'm slightly concerned that it's there. (Crap! Now I'm worried about my camera! I wish I could get back into my building so I could look for it. I can't stand not knowing where things are!)
And now onto Currently...
Listening: I LOVE the Big Bang Theory. And last night, Bob Newhart was on the show. He was hilarious. I was rolling. I mean, every episode is great, but I think this was one of the better ones. People have told my dad for years that he looks like Bob Newhart (and he does. The resemblance to younger Bob Newhart and my dad is uncanny. Actually, Bob Newhart reminds me of my grandfather. My dad looks just like my grandfather, so... this must be my dad when he's 83. He he he.)
Loving: 3 day weekends are the best! We didn't have school today because it's Oaks Day, so Derby weekend around here is always a 3 day weekend. It's the best. :-)
Thinking: See 4 above. Flowers are awesome. A mowed yard is awesome. The process isn't quite so awesome. But I'll live.
Wanting: I have a few spots in my yard that need more flowers! I'm trying to figure out how to have a yard that has flowers blooming in every season. So far, I've failed, but I'm really trying. I won't be happy until my yard looks like something out of Better Homes and Gardens.
Needing: See 1 above. Poor Edison. I feel so awful leaving him in the crate during the day. But I don't crate my dog, so I really have no idea how to crate train a dog. I'm not sure if I'm doing it wrong or not!
Summer Bucket List: I haven't been to a beach since my ex and I went to New York in 2010, and it was cold, since it was September and all! So I am in serious need of a beach! My best friend lives in Virginia Beach, and I fully intend to visit her this summer sometime. I haven't been there since she moved in 2011. Bad friend. (It didn't help that I was in school all summer last year, so I didn't have time!)
Make sure if you link up with Currently that you follow the rule of 3! Sometimes I see that people don't, and it makes me a little upset. :-/
Hope you all have a great weekend! I will be spending mine panicking about my camera. I have the pictures to make Mother's Day presents next week on it, and I NEED them. Plus, it isn't mine. It's the camera for my classroom. So yeah... panic time. No bueno.