I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Five for Friday!
1. We had our Easter/Spring celebration on Friday! The kids and I had so much fun doing and making lots of bunny and spring-themed stuff!
2. We took our students on a field trip to Gatliland on Thursday. This is such a fun, carefree field trip! Gattiland is sort of like a Chuck E Cheese- I don't know if they have them too many places besides Louisville. They certainly don't have them where I grew up! The kids had a blast and so did I! Some of us had a little too much fun!
3. We took some time this week to do a little artsy fun! We made crayon resist Easter eggs! Most of them turned out really cute! I took this picture before we had a chance to cut our eggs out- they were still wet when we left Wednesday!
4. I found where I bought the bobbins for my sewing machine. Yes, this is a big enough deal that it requires its own number in my 5. I have a Brother sewing machine, and it says to use Brother bobbins. Now I realize that all sewing machines say this, as well as pretty much every other product, so that you'll buy their products instead of the cheaper knockoff. However, I have also heard stories about people getting things jammed or not having things work correctly because their bobbin was a smidge off. And I had some bobbins that were Brother brand, so I KNEW I had bought them somewhere. I thought I got them at Jo Ann Fabrics, but after checking out 3 stores, I realized that maybe I didn't or maybe I'm crazy. I stopped at Walmart the other day for something else, and I realized where I bought my bobbins! Thank goodness! I only had like 2 left and I was getting worried! :-)
5. I was a lucky girl this week! I won 2 blogger giveaways this week. One from Lisa of Growing Firsties, and one from Rachelle of What the Teacher Wants. I won Lisa's April Common Core Crunch, and Rachelle's Fancy Word Activities Pack! So excited! I also won a giveaway from one of my favorite fabric stores, JoAnn Fabrics. I wasn't sure which item I had won in their giveaway, since they didn't tell me. I was excited when I got a package, and really disappointed when I opened it to realize that I had won a box of fabric... that had been cut out of and large pieces of the fabric were missing!I was so disappointed-what do you do with fabric that has missing pieces? I knew they hadn't sent it because it wasn't sent from Ohio, but somewhere else, and I think one of the bloggers who was connected with the giveaway sent it out. So I reached out to JoAnns and expressed my concern/disappointment (in a nice way, I hope!). One of the ladies from JoAnn wrote me back the next business day and said that she would take care of it by sending me a $50 gift card! So not what I was expecting! It came yesterday, and I'm so excited to use it to get some more fabulous fabric and ribbon to make more taggies. I'm participating in a craft show event in a few weeks, so I better get crackin! :-)
I am off to figure out what I'm going to do for the rest of my SPRING BREAK!!! :-) So excited to have a week off- and so many things to do with it! :-)