Sunday, February 24, 2013

Compound Words Freebie

My class has been working on compound words this past week, and I wanted to provide them with another fun activity for practicing their new skills.  So I created a quick compound words matching activity.  My plan is to give each student a half of their compound word.  Then they can walk around the room, looking for the student who has the other half of their word.  You could also use it as a matching center as well.  It is entirely blackline, because I know how expensive printer ink is!  And I don't have any available!  I wish I had time to color those cute little compound word clipart images from Ashley Hughes! :-(  There is also a recording sheet or homework/extra practice sheet as well!


I hope you enjoy my quick little freebie!  Please let me know how you liked it!

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway!  

Or like my new Facebook page!

I hope you all have a wonderful week!  We only have school tomorrow, as it is a snow makeup day.  We are off the rest of the week, though Parent/Teacher conferences are on Friday.  So I have some fun stuff planned for tomorrow, including reviewing compound words! :-)


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this great freebie! I'll definitely be using it with my first graders next week!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover