Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Snowy Equations Freebie!

I've been working on some winter themed math and literacy centers to use in my classroom, but I'm nowhere near finished! It's just been a busy break! However, I do have a few activities finished, so I wanted to share one of them with you guys as a freebie!

The game contains a set of 72 addition and subtraction problems to 20.  Half are addition and half are subtraction.  There are 2 games included in this pack.  Game one, students find the sum or difference of their card, then determine whose sum or difference is more or less.  In the second game, they sort the cards by their sum or difference.  It can easily be differentiated by using only addition or only subtraction cards, depending on what skills you are working on!


Students put the larger card on the "more" spot and the smaller card on the "less" spot.  There is also a card for equal, if both students get the same answer.
 This is for game 2, where they sort the cards by their sum or difference.
These are some examples of the addition and subtraction cards.



You can pick up your copy of this freebie here!  Please leave me some feedback, either on this post or on my TPT page to let me know what you thought.  If you have any problems or notice any mistakes, please let me know, and I'll be happy to fix them!  Please tell me before leaving negative feedback!

I am linking up with Freebie-licious to share this freebie!  Go here to find some awesome freebies other teachers have linked up!





5 comments:

  1. Hey, Newbie! What an adorable center! Thanks for sharing your talents! I'm a new follower of your blog and TpT store. Happy New Year, Erica!
    Corinna
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Thanks for following me. I am your newest follower as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SUPER cute! Can't wait to give it a try with my kinders! Thank you so very much!!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute BLOG! i am your newest follower.
    Mrs. Lutton
    The Phonics Phenomenon

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover