Saturday, November 3, 2012

November Currently

I can't believe it's that time again- time for the November Currently!  Didn't I just do this for October?  Wow, October totally flew by- and I think November is going to do the same!


Listening:  I am watching DIY network right now, and wishing one of those guys could come to my house!  I would love to have the cracked, mis-matched tile in my bathroom replaced by them for free!  Or a curb appeal makeover that includes new siding!  Wishful thinking... but I have considered stalking Lowes and Home Depot to catch one of them!

Loving:  We spent the afternoon yesterday learning about the election process.  I made an election booth out of the refrigerator box I had leftover from my new fridge.  You would have thought I told the kids we were having Christmas 2 months early the way they reacted to me telling them they would get to vote for President!  I have a ton of pictures, and I might try to post some of them as soon as I block out their little faces.  They were super cute. :-)

Thinking:  This one is pretty self-explanatory.  I love meeting with parents and discussing their child's progress, but I don't feel ready this year and I don't have anything to pass out to them!  I like to have little "goodies" such as sight word lists, a copy of the Phonics Dance to hang on the fridge, and other stuff.  Guess I've got to get that together this weekend, cause I don't have any idea what I passed out last year!  (And I sent home a bunch of stuff in their report cards a few weeks back!)

Wanting:  I have a lot of stuff due this month for my class, including a "field experience" I haven't even started.  Yikes.  Luckily, it shouldn't be too hard- I just need to create the pre-test to give them, and then give it so I can use it to drive my instruction.  I just haven't done so yet- maybe I should get on that!  I'm glad I have Tuesday to work on some stuff!  I have to meet with a group for a project, but I have the rest of the day to get stuff done!  (And get myself mentally prepared for Wednesday!)

Needing:  To work on my homework for grad school.  See above. :-)

Music:  One day last year, I had some Adele song stuck in my head because they had been playing it on the radio.  I decided that it was pretty tame and that there were no cuss words in it, so I brought it into my classroom and we listened to it.  The kids LOVED it.  They would ask me during math centers if I would turn on Adele, and they would sit there and work and sing Adele.  At the beginning of this school year, when I was really stressed out about one precious little friend I have/had and missing my class last year, Adele came on the radio and I about lost it in my car driving home.  Adele reminds me of those kids- but I might try to play it for my kids this year.  However, they're noisy, so we'll see.  They weren't super impressed with the fifties music I played on the 50th day, ha ha!

I'm linking up with Farley's Currently post.  If you decide to do Currently, don't forget the rule of 3!  I'm off to comment on 3 other people's blogs! :-) 

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about parent conferences. I love the kids, I just don't like sitting down with a bunch of people that don't even really want to be there. Maybe it's fear of the unknown.

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm always afraid I'm going to have an upset parent who yells at me the whole time or something. I never have, but you never know! Most of my conferences are pleasant. I just hate the pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have found you through Farley! I haven't linked up quite yet, but peeked at who linked up looking specifically for more first grade teachers like me. :)
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover